Samba Fogo News
Weekly Dance Class
Samba, Samba Reggae, Afro-Brazilian dance, Orixa Dance Movement, and many other styles of Brazilian dance are explored in this class. The class runs year-round, on a drop-in basis.
- Thursdays, 6:30-8:00pm
- Salt Lake City Arts Hub
- 663 West 100 South
- $12 Drop-in or $100 for a ten-class card
- Live Drumming! Free Parking!
- Fun, Energetic, Great Workout.
- Men and women of ALL LEVELS WELCOME (seriously - we mean it - ALL LEVELS)!!
You may purchase a $12 drop-in dance class or 10-class card for $100 by clicking Buy Now below. Cards are good for both weekly dance classes. Bring a printed copy of your transaction receipt to class as proof of your purchase. (You can also pay with cash or check at class).
Drop-in Dance Class: $12
Ten-Class Dance Card: $100
Brazilian Drum Workshop
- Saturdays, October 4 - 25
- SLC Arts Hub, 663 W 100 S
- $40 for the four-week workshop
- Instruments Provided
- All levels ages 10+ welcome
- Workshop fee includes one 30-minute private lesson with Mason Aeschbacher on drum kit or Brazilian percussion instrument of your choice.
- Workshop will culminate in a recital for friends and family, and all workshop participants will be encouraged to audition for the Samba Fogo band. Participation in the Samba Fogo band is free for auditioned members, and performance opportunities include local and national clubs, festivals, theaters, dance classes, and events. Samba Fogo band rehearsals are currently Thursdays, 5:30-8:00pm and Sundays, 2-4pm. Email email@example.com for more information.
Register by clicking "Buy Now" below: $40
- Saturday, November 15th
- SLC Arts Hub, 663 W 100 S
Audition to perform with the Samba Fogo Dance Company! We are auditioning dancers for a one-year contract which includes our 2015 Spring and Fall concerts at Jeanne Wagner Theater, April 2-4 and October 15-17, 2015, as well as participation in various community events throughout 2015. Previous experience in Modern, Jazz, Samba, African or Afro-Brazilian dance is very helpful. Positions are semi-paid and offer free training and performance experience for young dancers looking to add to their resumes.
Prepare for the audition by attending our weekly dance class and studying with Samba Fogo members and directors: Thursdays, 6:30-8:00pm, at the SLC Arts Hub, 663 W 100 S. $12.
Dance Company time commitment is 3-6 hours per week, with rehearsals on Sunday afternoons and Thursday evenings, and contract runs one year: November 2014 - November 2015. Rehearsals begin Sunday, November 23rd. Dance Company members will receive a small stipend for participating in the Spring and Fall Shows, and will also be given free weekly dance class on Thursdays, 6:30-8pm, which they will be required to attend weekly throughout the one-year contract (with allowances for excused absences).
Fore more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit SambaFogo.com.
Recent Samba Fogo Performance Highlights: Spring and Fall shows at Rose Wagner Center 2011-2014 Pride Parade and Festival Utah Arts Festival Salem Worldbeat Festival in Salem, OR (Headliner) EVE - Downtown SLC's New Year's Eve Celebration Jazz Basketball Halftime Show The Urban Lounge The Salt Palace - corporate events for various companies such as DoTerra, Stampin' Up, and Monavie.
Donate to Samba Fogo
Samba Fogo is currently accepting tax-deductible charitable contributions to help sustain our year-round programming. Samba Fogo is a 501(c)(3) Organization. We have experienced much success in recent years, but we still have many funding gaps. Your donation will help ensure that Samba Fogo remains a strong cultural arts presence in Utah, and continues to bring the joy of dancing, playing, and experiencing Samba and Brazilian cultural arts to diverse populations.